February 15, 2010

hide under lampshades

I'm a fragment of myself, frightened and hiding in the furthest corner of your mind. Don't presume I'm something you could repair! I most certainly wouldn't ask you to try! Too many of the pieces are missing and your spare parts won't complete a shattered portrait in bloodstained glass. That blood dripping from my skin is too often the only reminder that I'm still here. Feel free to leave impressions of your teeth in my neck so the other girls know I'm yours! Hurt me or love me... it's only electricity buzzing... but it's enough to wake the dead...

People walk past me like gusts of wind, ignorant of my existence beyond their knowing to step around if I'm in the way. The few who notice, they leave me drained, for I've always had to play pretend. I'm alive when nerves hurt louder than the numbness screams. I'm alive when beautiful eyes dilate and heat radiates, but no one ever wanted to know what I hold inside. The noises in my head repel angels. Their fingers never touch this cold skin. The demons wouldn't allow it, for their plans might be discovered.

You're a lovely mess, my dear! I'd make exceptions to all the rules for you. The wreckage of my heart isn't much to offer, but I'd like you to feel free to place it in your cupboard. I keep it in a jar like strawberry jam. You might enjoy the taste!

We could break free of mental framework and hide under lampshades or behind curtains. They'll never find us haunting their attics, because the Darkness adores our childlike nature! It will protect us so long as you don't turn on the lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment